Wow Your Customers with a Great Window Display
Window displays can send out a clear message about your shop in a matter of seconds, so getting the message right is crucial to your success
Many shop owners wonder why their foot fall isn't as high as it could be. Many business owners concentrate on the indoor store design and layout, and while that is very important to any retail environment, the shop exterior is just as influential on your customers. The first few seconds really count and some retail businesses forget that their window display is the window to the rest of the shop. It represents your entire company, your products and your services.
Getting the window display of your high street shop is the first and probably the most important step of your marketing and merchandising plan. So what are the different types of window displays available and how should you dress them?
Diferent Types of Window Displays
There are some very important Ws when it comes to window displays. Which type of window displays should you use? What should you dress these displays with? Where should you place them? And when are they most effective?
Here are a few different forms of window display solutions:
- Hanging displays - these are the perfect accompaniment for smaller objects that are low to the display ground. They can be used to create a window 'scene' if you like.
- Mannequins - the fashion industry is extremely competitive so you will need as much exposure as possible. Choose your most up to date lines and create complete outfits to guide shoppers into buying more products from you.
- Platforms / plinths - for luxury items or products of beauty, raised platforms and plinths can help to attract attention.
- Free standing displays - free standing displays are extremely flexible and can be used across all different industries and market sectors.
- Mounted displays - mounted displays are ideal for business offering non-tangible products and services eg: holiday packages or properties.
The systems listed above can be mixed and matched to create the perfect window display. Whether you want to show off your luxury products or your intangible service offerings, window displays can attract more people to your shop.
Dressing your window displays is very important and this means you have to choose the right features to exhibit. Put your best deals in the window, or put your most luxurious product lines on show to show your customers what a premium and sought after retailer you are. It's all about creating the right message so think about your audience and what you have to say about your business. Window displays need to change as the seasons do, so updating your products is very important. Make sure that your window displays coincide nicely with seasonal events.
Shop Online for Window Displays
If you are looking for window displays for your retail business, shop online with POD today. View our window displays online now.